Topic of This Issue: Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) and It's Family
Reactive oxygen species (ROS), such as superoxide anion, hydrogen peroxide, hydroxyl radical, hydroxyl ion, nitric oxide, singlet oxygen and alpha-oxygen, consist of radical and non-radical oxygen species formed by the partial reduction of oxygen, which are generated during mitochondrial oxidative metabolism as well as in cellular response to xenobiotics, cytokines, and bacterial invasion. For example, Hydroxyl radical is produced in Haber-Weiss reaction from superoxide and Hydrogen peroxide. ROS generation is normally counterbalanced by the action of antioxidant enzymes and other redox molecules. However, When ROS overwhelm the cellular antioxidant defense system, oxidative stress occurs, which results in direct or indirect ROS-mediated damage of nucleic acids, proteins, and lipids, and has been implicated in carcinogenesis, neurodegeneration, insulin resistance, diabetes mellitus, stroke, heart attack, cardiovascular diseases, atherosclerosis, male infertility and aging. Cells have a variety of defense mechanisms to ameliorate the harmful effects of ROS. In addition, ROS is imperative for redox homeostasis, as well as proper function in the cardiovascular system, and immune system.
|Product name||Catalog No||Product Features|
|CheKine™ Nitric Oxide (NO) Assay Kit||KTB1400||• Determination of Nitric oxide in serum, plasma, cell/tissue samples, urine and other biological fluids.
• Detect biological samples at a level of 1-100 µM.
• Rapid and reliable, Using an optimized VCl3 reagent, the time required for reduction of NO3 - to NO2 - is short.
• imple and high-throughput, the procedure involves mixing sample with three reagents, incubation and reading the optical density. Can be readily automated to measure thousands of samples per day.
|CheKine™ Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) Assay Kit||KTB1041||• Determination of Hydrogen Peroxide in serum, plasma, cell/tissue samples, urine and other biological fluids.
• Detect biological samples at a level of 1-20 µM.
• Simple procedures, fase and convenient, and more stable.
|CheKine™ Catalase (CAT) Activity Assay Kit||KTB1040||• Determination of catalase activity in serum, plasma, tissue/cell lysates and other biological fluids.
• Determining catalase activity directly by utilizing the peroxidatic function of catalase, which can not be interfered by other peroxidases.
• A broad range linearity: 2-75 µM.
• Measure catalase activity down to 2 U/ml.
|CheKine™ Peroxidase (HRP) Assay Kit||KTB1060||• Determination of peroxidase activity in serum, plasma, tissue/cell lysates and other biological fluids.
• A broad range linearity: 15.6-1000 µU/mL.
• Quick HRP assay in a one-step, homogeneous, no wash assay system.
|CheKine™ Hydroxyl Free Radical Scavenging Capacity Assay Kit||KTB1090||• Determination the Hydroxyl Free Radical Scavenging Capacity in various samples, including serum, plasma, tissue lysates and other biological fluids.|
|CheKine™ Total Antioxidant Capacity (TAC) Assay Kit||KTB1500||• Determination of Total Antioxidant Capacity in serum, plasma, cell/tissue samples, urine and bacteria samples.
• Detect biological samples at a level of 0.15-3 mM.
• Using a stronger antioxidant, sascorbic acid as positive control, instead of the frequently-used Trolox.
• The reaction is carried out under acidic conditions, which can inhibit some endogenous interference factors.
About Abbkine Scientific Co., Ltd.
Abbkine Scientific Co., Ltd. was founded in 2012. Abbkine focuses on the fields of Immunology and Cytology, and is committed to innovating and developing various types of antibodies, proteins, analytical reagents and kits, with a view to becoming a key promoter in the fields of life science research and development, and drug development.