|Product name||CheKine™ Plant Proantho Cyanidins (OPC) Colorimetric Assay Kit|
|Applications notes||The kit provides a simple method for detecting the procyanidins content in plant tissues. Under acidic conditions, the resorcinol and phloroglucinol on the A ring of plant proanthocyanidins undergo condensation reaction with vanillin to produce colored compounds. There is a characteristic absorption peak at 500nm. The light absorption value at 500nm can be measured to calculate the procyanidins Content.|
|Kit components||• Extraction Buffer
• hydrochloric acid
• Proantho Cyanidins （OPC） Standard
|Features & Benefits||• Determination of procyanidins content in plant tissues.
• A broad range linearity: 0.39-50 mg/g.
• Detailed sample preparation and result calculation methods are provided.
• Simple operation steps.
• Standard and standard curve line are provided.
|Calibration range||0.39-50 mg/g|
|Limit of detection||0.39 mg/g|
|Usage notes||• Do not mix or substitute reagents or materials from other kit lots or vendors.
• Avoid foaming or bubbles when mixing or reconstituting components.
• Avoid cross-contamination, change pipette tips between additions of standards, samples and reagents. Also, use separate reservoirs for each reagent.
• Ensure all reagents and equipment are at the appropriate temperature before starting the assay.
•Each sample needs to set up a control well, and it is measured immediately after the color development is completed, and the absorbance value will decrease after 2 hours.
|Storage instructions||Storage at 4°C and protected from light upon receipt. Kit has a storage time of 6 months form receipt.|
|Shipping||Gel pack with blue ice.|
|Precautions||The product listed herein is for research use only and is not intended for use in human or clinical diagnosis. Suggested applications of our products are not recommendations to use our products in violation of any patent or as a license. We cannot be responsible for patent infringements or other violations that may occur with the use of this product.|
|Background||Proanthocyanidins (Oligomeric Proantho Cyanidins, OPC) are a class of polyphenolic compounds of flavanol monomers and their polymers. They are widely present in various organs of plants. They have strong antioxidant and free radical scavenging effects. Used in medicine, food, cosmetics, health care products industry.|
Fig. Standard Curve of Oligomeric Proantho Cyanidins assay. The x-axis is OD500 and the y-axis is Oligomeric Proantho Cyanidins concentration (mg/mL).