|Product name||CheKine™ γ-Glutamyl Cysteine Ligase (GCL) Activity Colorimetric Assay Kit|
|Applications notes||The kit provides a simple method for detecting GCL activity in a variety of biological samples such as tissues, cell, serum, bacterial. In the assay, In the presence of ATP and Mg2+, GCL catalyzes the synthesis of γ-glutamylcysteine from glutamic acid and cysteine; at the same time, ATP dephosphorylation produces inorganic phosphorus molecules. GCL activity can be calculated by measuring the increase rate of inorganic phosphorus.|
|Kit components||• Extraction Buffer
• Reagent I
• Reagent II
• Reagent III
• Reagent IV
|Features & Benefits||• Determination of GCL activity in a variety of biological samples such as tissues, cell, serum, bacterial.
• Detailed sample preparation and result calculation methods are provided.
• Simple operation steps.
• Standard and standard curve line are provided.
|Usage notes||• Do not mix or substitute reagents or materials from other kit lots or vendors.
• Sample processing and other processes need to be carried out on ice, and the enzyme activity must be determined on the same day to avoid affecting its activity. If it is a homogenate, avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
• Avoid foaming or bubbles when mixing or reconstituting components.
• Avoid cross-contamination, change pipette tips between additions of standards, samples and reagents. Also, use separate reservoirs for each reagent.
• Ensure all reagents and equipment are at the appropriate temperature before starting the assay.
|Storage instructions||Storage at -20°C and protected from light upon receipt. Kit has a storage time of 6 months form receipt.|
|Shipping||Gel pack with blue ice.|
|Precautions||The product listed herein is for research use only and is not intended for use in human or clinical diagnosis. Suggested applications of our products are not recommendations to use our products in violation of any patent or as a license. We cannot be responsible for patent infringements or other violations that may occur with the use of this product.|
|Background||GCL is the rate-limiting enzyme for GSH synthesis, and GSH has a feedback inhibitory effect on GCL. GCL gene expression is regulated by many factors, such as oxidants, antioxidants, growth factors and inflammatory factors. The level of GCL activity has an important influence on the GSH content and the GSH/GSSG ratio.|
Fig. Standard Curve of GCL assay. The x-axis is OD660 and the y-axis is inorganic phosphorus concentration (μmol/mL).
Welcome any form of communications, and better service will be provided here.
Address： Bldg C17, Optics Valley International Biomedicine Park, Wuhan, China. 430223