- Product name
Cell Counting Kit-8 (CCK-8)
- Application notes
Cell Counting Kit-8 (CCK-8) is designed to detect cell proliferation and cell toxicity based on WST-8 is reduced by dehydrogenases in cells to give an orange colored product (formazan). The amount of the formazan in cells is directly proportional to the number of living cells. Tests confirm that performance equals or exceeds popular CCK-8 kit from other suppliers.
- Kit components
• CCK-8 solution
- Features & Benefits
• One-bottle, ready-to-use solution.
• The product (formazan) produced by WST-8 is water soluble, No organic solvents or isotopes required. And the formazan is stable and safe.
• The detection sensitivity using CCK-8 is higher than assays using other tetrazolium salts such as MTT, XTT, MTS or WST-1.
• The same cells can be used for other cell assays because of the low toxicity of CCK-8.
- Storage instructions
CCK-8 is stable over one year at 0-5°C with protection from light. Store it at -20°C for longer storage. Repeated thawing and freezing causes an increase in the background, which interferes with the assay. Please store the kit at 0-5°C for frequent use.
Gel pack with blue ice.
• Since the CCK-8 assay is based on the dehydrogenase activity detection in viable cells, conditions or chemicals that affect dehydrogenase activity in viable cells may cause discrepancy between the actual viable cell number and the cell number determined using the CCK-8 assay.
• Be careful not to introduce bubbles to the wells, since they interfere with the O.D. reading.
• The incubation time varies by the type and number of cells in a well. Generally, leukocytes give weak coloration, thus a long incubation time (up to 4 hours) or a large number of cells (~105 cells/well) may be necessary.
• If the color or PH of culture media is changed due to long-time culture, please change the culture media when adding CCK-8.
Cell Counting Kit-8 (CCK-8) utilizes highly water-soluble tetrazolium salt WST-8:[2-(2-methoxy-4-nitrophenyl)-3-(4-nitrophenyl)-5-(2,4-disulfophenyl)-2H-tetrazolium, monosodium salt] changed to a water-soluble orange formazan dye by reduction. CCK-8 is low toxicity and allows sensitive colorimetric assays for the determination of the number of viable cells in cell proliferation and cytotoxicity assays. The amount of the formazan dye generated by dehydrogenases in cells is directly proportional to the number of living cells.
- Alternative names
CCK-8; WST-8; CCK8; WST8
Most popular with customers
Cell Counting Kit-8 (CCK-8)
Click to download booklet for more details
Notice:Protocol may vary from different lot which is subject to the manual along with the shipment. Please contact email@example.com for your enquiry.
Here we provide some standard research protocols for bioscience including molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, plant biology, genetics, etc. To our knowledge, customized protocols are not required for most products. So please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Preparation methods for Biochemical
Biochemical reagents have been widely used in life science fundamental research as buffer, probes, substrates, intermediates and standards, etc. You may optimize or choose proper protocols for your specific assay. However, some of tips and suggestions listed below may be for your reference.
Antibody application protocols
Antibodies are useful not only to detect specific biomolecules but also to measure changes in their level and specificity of modification by processes such as phosphorylation, methylation, or glycosylation. Here show some protocols and troubleshooting tips on how to get the best from our antibodies.
- ♦ Antibody Western Blotting (WB) protocol
- ♦ Antibody Immunohistochemistry (IHC) protocol
- ♦ Antibody Immunofluorescence (IF) protocol
- ♦ Antibody Immunoprecipitation (IP) protocol
- ♦ Antibody Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSorbent Assay (ELISA) protocol
Protein&peptide usage suggestions
Synthetic peptides, native or recombinant proteins can be used for medical, academic and research purposes, such as gene therapy, drug screening, antibody production, cell function analysis. Here, we provide some of tips and suggestions for your reference.
- ♦ Handling and storage suggestion for peptides and protein
- ♦ Cytokines and growth factors for cell culture application
Commonly used assay kits guidelines
Assay kits that are simple and convenient to use, which are superior in performance and require little to no time for assay optimization. Further details of specific products which are needed for individual protocols are given in the protocols themselves in booklet.
We hope this will be helpful for your research work. Please let us know through firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information or support.